Thursday, December 13, 2007

Oh 2008...

Upcoming
Log

2008's not done yet...

...but I'll make a most anticipating list anyways.

Most Anticipated Movies of 2008
1. Tree of Life(dir. Terrence Malick)
If this gets off the ground and actually makes a 2008 release, you bet your ass that this year is going to rock.
2. Jack and Diane(dir. Bradley Rust Gray)
A lesbian werewolf movie with chicks around my age that are attractive (Ellen Page and that other chick in Juno) makes this probably my ultimate male fantasy movie since probably ever. Too bad, it hasn't gone into production yet so it might not make 2008.
3. The Road(dir. John Hillcoat)
I'm not exactly a fan of McCarthy's work just from the hundred or so pages I read of Blood Meridian and the film adaptation of No Country for Old Men, but The Proposition is easily probably the western of this decade and the whole post-apocalyptic world stuff makes me want to see what Hillcoat does with it.
4. Speed Racer(dir. The Wachowski Siblings?)
I don't know what compels me to see this movie. Maybe it's the fact that it could possibly be the biggest debacle of the year or that it might be the most ridiculously fun movie of the year.
5. Two Lovers(dir. James Gray)
A chick flick by the dude that did We Own the Night? Sounds good to me.
6. Diary of the Dead(dir. George A. Romero)
This film looks really... uhh... ahhh.... AHHH... BRAINS!!!
7. Untitled Todd Field Project(dir. Todd Field, duh!)
I highly doubt this will even make this year because it's not even titled yet, but Todd Field can do no wrong in my eyes(for now).
8. The Box(dir. Richard Kelly)
Even though it essentially sounds like a feature-length episode of The Twilight Zone, I simply have to see how this turns out after seeing that epic and fascinating mess that is called Southland Tales.
9. Stop Loss(dir. Kimberly Pierce)
This is another one of those films that I have no idea why I want to see it. I usually try to steer clear of these Oscar-bait sort of films and I haven't seen Boys Don't Cry so I'm not sure how good of a director she is. Maybe there's just a certain endearing quality to that trailer that struck a chord with me. I don't know...
10. Mammoth(dir. Lukas Moodysson)
I didn't bother to watch his two films after Lilya and I'm not so certain he's that great of a director despite getting some amazing performances on his two films that I've seen, but the fact that he's not doing some avant-garde experiment that pretty much no one wants to see(at least so far I know) is enough to get me excited about this film.

No comments: