Saturday, December 15, 2007

Oh DVD/Poster Art...

I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to lists, but yeah, I don't care. These covers are probably going to be of movies that I like so it's not going to be all that unpredictable. I'm not even going to do an order or anything. I'm just gonna post these covers and give maybe a sentence blurb on why I like it so much.
DVD:

It's not an exactly complicated cover, but I just adore the image of Henry and Fay on top. I also really like the picture of Fay in her wedding veil on the back as well. Hal Hartley 4 Life, broz.


The cover is so good that it's almost tempting to get the UK DVD, which is what the cover is of, even though the image and audio quality is supposed to be horrible. It's hauntingly beautiful with Sarah Polley's character staring at Ian Holm's character. I also dig the haze and light.

Posters:


While the one up above has better font and using her wallpaper as background for the font is sort of neat, it's really the image itself that makes the whole thing. It's just so devastatingly beautiful and encapsulates everything that is so beautiful and horrific about the movie. Her beaten face is absolutely depressing, but her expression shows that she's still alive and kicking in the inside, which is uplifting. It's pretty much how I feel about the film as a whole, it's somehow simultaneously depressing and uplifting. It just utterly overwhelms me emotionally and it's the reason why it's my favorite film.


And Neil Patrick Harris as... Neil Patrick Harris.

No comments: