Sunday, August 27, 2006

Oh Simplicity...

Games have become needlessly complex. Companies now believe the more features you put into a game creates a better game. I personally don't think so. I'm sick of annual sequels that are just basically minor upgrades. I'm sick of games cashing on the success of another game. Back in the day of 8-bit and 16-bit games, everything seemed simpler. Games were simple to get into, but difficult to master. Today, its basically the opposite. Controllers with 10 buttons, 2 joysticks, and a d-pad don't seem very user friendly. What happened to when games where made to be fun? I can't even stand to play my PS2 anymore. If I do, its usually me playing a PS1 game or a compilation of classic games. Things seemed to become needless complex and not as innovative as they once were. I'm supporting Nintendo for what they are doing with the DS and Wii. It seems innovative and fairly user friendly. Nintendo seems to know what games should be and thats FUN.

No comments: