Monday, June 12, 2006

Quick Reviews

Walk the Line (dir. ?)
It is a by the numbers Hollywood biopic, but done really well. I thought it was really good and felt pretty honest in the way it portrayed him. I don't really know anything about Johnny Cash, but I know one thing he is not a very good singer. He kind of reminds me of the spirit of punk. Most punk bands are shitty musicians, but its the spirit that wins you over. It could have been grittier to me and could have got rid of the whole childhood segment of his life. Overall, a really good film.
**** out of ****

Swingers (dir. ?)
This is a guys hanging out sort of comedy. They don't really talk about anything that is really important except about themselves and each other. It was a nice little film I guess you would say. It is about a man's dealing with leaving the woman he loves back home and how he gets back on his feet again. Vince Vaughn was in it and he suprisingly not annoying. I thought it was pretty good.
*** out of ****

No comments: