Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Stranger Than Paradise


This film is directed by Jim Jarmusch. The only other film I've seen by him is Broken Flowers. This was his breakout film. This had a major impact on the independent film scene of the late 80's. It seemed rather simplistically made, but it didn't feel as rough as most independent films. It also didn't feel as pretentious. I enjoyed the editing style of the film. I basically enjoyed all of it. I feel torn whether to give this four stars or three because I liked it alot, but I didn't exactly love it.

Pros:
-Great editing style
-Great characters
-The New World is good
-The second part is great
-Minimalistic
-Not overblown

Cons:
-Doesn't leave that much of an emotional impact
-Third part is just descent
-Ending kind of stinks

Overall: Good film
*** out of ****

No comments: