Saturday, July 28, 2007

Oh Steve and George...

L.A. Story(dir. Mick Jackson)
Schizophrenic. It wants to be wacky and it wants to be serious. The wacky scenes feel out of place because of the seriousness the rest of the film displays. They would feel more at home in something like Naked Gun than this. I'm really surprised at well received this film was when it came out. It was OK.
** out of ****
Day of the Dead(dir. George A. Romero)
Easily the most violent movie I've ever seen. It was pretty fucking disgusting. It was the bleakest out of the "Dead" movies I've seen, which is a good thing since it's a zombie movie. The end bothers me. It seems like Romero thought the movie was too pessimistic and decided to slap on an ending that made you question whether all the events actually occurred. I'm not a big fan of those type of endings, but this movie was still crazy.
***1/2 out of ****

No comments: