Monday, June 25, 2007

Oh Richard Dreyfuss...

Jaws(dir. Steven Spielberg)
This movie was amazingly bland. The characters were bland. The cinematography was fairly bland. Even the shark attacks were bland except for Quinn's. The acting was laughable at some points. The most amusing part was the guy in the boat saying, "Hey fellas" and then quickly getting eaten. I know this film is historically significant in terms of cinematic history, but does that automatically make it a great movie or even a good one? I don't think so and most point out that it created this whole blockbuster mentality that still plagues cinema to this day. Is that a good thing? It is unfair to blaim Jaws or even Star Wars for that, I would probably say blame the directors that became so full of theirselves and decided to make these huge budget movies that nobody wanted to see and nobody really enjoyed. I don't know. I guess I should see Popeye and Heaven's Gate before blaming them entirely.
** out of ****

No comments: