Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oh Christina...

Buffalo '66(dir. Vincent Gallo)
In the beginning, I didn't like Billy that much until the scene in the restaurant with the girl he supposedly dated. The dinner scene was pretty amusing, but I wouldn't say it was that great. I was actually enjoying it quite a bit and would have given this **** if it wasn't for what happens alittle bit before the end. He makes the audience believe the story goes in a certain direction and then reveals that it actually didn't go that way. It seemed like just a cheap trick. Some of his visual techniques like the spotlight effect on his father, the man Ben Gazzara, singing or Layla tapdancing and how the flashbacks started small and ended up getting big on the screen was alittle off-putting. The scene before the ending ruined it for me. If that was out of the picture, I would have enjoyed this alot better. It is still a good film though.
*** out of ****

No comments: