Saturday, March 11, 2006

Trial of Joan of Arc Review


I was also about to go to sleep and I tested my favorites on the remote since I just set them. The only stations I set were Nickelodeon and TCM. When I tried it out, it went to TCM and this film just started. I have wanted to see it, but I do not think there is a Region 1 dvd so I would have to buy one from Europe. This film is just basically a recreation of the trial of joan of arc with none of that Hollywood type story telling in it. It does not really glorify Joan of Arc or dismisses any of her judges. It just simply shows it. Now with the pros and cons.
Pros:
-Brisk and swift (65-68 minutes)
-Balanced view of the situation
-Learn about Joan of Arc
-Great repetition of locations
-"Model" acting
-More interesting than Pickpocket
Cons:
-No real emotional involvement for the audience
-Alot of talking
-Not many different locations
Overall: Interesting film about Joan of Arc
*** out of ****

No comments: